Friday, April 11, 2008

Encourage students to be in Top 10%!!!

The state of Texas should continue the use of the top 10% college admission. The Texas House Bill 588 was passed in 1997. This law guarantees Texas students who graduated in the top 10% percent of their high school class automatic admission to all state universities. I disagree with my classmate about letting the top 10% rule to be over. I think that for the top 10% students they need to have that really good GPA, have a direct pass to the university, and have the poor a better chance to attend a college. This would help a lot of students and encourage them to put a lot of effort on them so they can reach that top 10% so they can have a better chance to choose what university they would love to go to.

Therefore, to be in the top 10% of your class you need to have that good grade point average and good attendance. All the students in High School challenge themselves to be in the top 10% so they can enter to a university automatically. This would help the student to open there mind and to see who can do netter than the other person. It wont worry any top 10% student to enter a university. They would have to be proud of themselves by entering a university and that hard work that they put in was worth it. They would just have to worry about to fill in the application and send it to the university. Being in the top 10% would help a lot of students to survive and not concerning them about what percentage they need to get in the SAT scores they would have that acceptance in the university automatically. Its a lot of work to be in your top 10% in your class but if you put that effort and study for your tests, turn in work on time and get good grades you would be satisfy with yourself and being in your top 10% of your class.

When I was in High School I had the same experience at the end of my freshman year my GPA was really low it was a 2.8. So then I decided in my sophomore year to start and challenging myself to take harder classes and raise my GPA even higher. I study my ass of doing homework, studying for tests and doing good in school. Therefore, at the end of my sophomore and junior year my GPA was at 3.6. I was so proud of myself because all the hard work I put on it paid off at last. So I ended my high school year in the top 7% of my class.

As a student you just need to have those really good grades and compete with your friends to stay in that top 10% and to enter any college in the future. It would help a lot of parents that they see their child in a college and be so proud of them that they did a really good thing of raising a good child to go to school. It would encourage all students to be in the top 10% so they wont be doing that extra work to enter to a university or college.

<http://coriani3.blogspot.com/2008/03/10-percent.html>

No comments: