Friday, April 25, 2008

Avoid Smoking??

Texas should ban smoking inside public buildings. Therefore, in September 1, 2005 the smoking ban law was passed. The law was banning smoking in all public buildings and within 15 feet of all entrances to public buildings. This includes bars, billiard halls, restaurants and bowling alleys. A fine of $2,000 could be applied to anyone violating the ordinance.

I personally agree that there should be no smoking inside public buildings. I hate the smell of it and second hand smoke is so dangerous to individuals. I have been surrounded all my life by people that smoke everyday. When I always got to my house I had that smell already penetrated in my clothes and body. I can tell and smell a smoker from their eyes. I don’t feel the liberty of people inhaling the smoke to their bodies. That’s why I’m never going to smoke in my life. People should not harm themselves and other people at all.Meanwhile, I remember one day when I was coming home from school. I saw a little young lady smoking a cigarette she was like 12 years old. Daisy was in my chemistry class, she was a really smart girl and had really good grades. When I saw Daisy smoking I told her “what you think smoking is really cool for your body?” and she responded that "I feel like I am at the moon". So I told her that she was harming her self and her body. That same day that I saw her she was taken to the hospital for emergency. Her mom said to the news that "her little daughter Daisy had smoked two packages of cigar rates in one day. The smart little girl had asthma and had a lot of hearth attacks because she was inhaling to much drug. All the smoke that she was inhaling caused her death. This is a really good example of my friend Daisy, of what cigarettes can caused you to do in life.

However, the opponents of the smoking ban see that smoking cigarettes in public places is a really good thing to do. Therefore, the people think that smoking in any public place is a fun thing and each business have their own private place to smoke. That nobody is telling people to go where a smoker is at and chill with them and inhaling the second hand smoke.. Everybody says that this is a "free country" and we can do whatever we want. Therefore, establishments with children or the elderly should have an area blocked off for smokers, if they want. People believe that business should run like it did decades ago, and not letting government interfere. Meanwhile, smoking is not a illegal drug and that we can smoked it.

Finally, I think that smoking is not a good idea your just harming yourself and your body. Cigarettes can caused you a lot of things, for example, cancer, asthma, blindness, hearth attacks, and much more. I respect your right to kill yourself smoking, but please do not kill me or one of my family members. Therefore, if they are harming others as well as themselves it is no longer an act of a freedom country.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

I’m a glad that there is a smoking ban in public buildings. I also don’t like the smell of it. I know many women want to look young for as long as possible and yet they smoke which causes wrinkles. Then there are those people who don’t care about what they do to their bodies and smoke not thinking about the people around them they are also causing damage too. Personally I would like to spend my money on other things then surgery, because someone decided they wanted to smoke in the area. We are a free country and for those who smoke use that line to smoke somewhere, don’t we who are non-smokers have any say that we don’t want them to smoke in certain areas.

Texas Government Today by Ayisat Azeez said...

I'm also glad that their going to be a smoking ban in Austin. i feel like i have been suffering from second hand smoking for to long.i know some people smoke to cope with stress or because they want to stay skinny.However that should not be at someone else (heath) expense.

Anonymous said...

The most prevalent and easily avoidable type of cancer is the one caused by the use of tobacco. This includes the use of cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Even though smokers are addicted to nicotine, the fact that 200,000 people die every year due to smoking caused cancer should be enough motivation to quit. Some experts say that cessation of smoking can increase lifespan by up to 20 years. http://www.chantixhome.com/

Anonymous said...

Chantix, the Pfizer manufactured quit smoking medicine is to be definitely opted for if you are eager to get rid of smoking addiction and if you administer Chantix in accordance with the instructions of the doctor, the medication would certainly relieve you from the shackles of nicotine addiction. However, if you don`t follow the chantix precautionary measures while taking the medicine, it is capable of causing tremendous harm to your health. For details on Chantix precautions, visit the website http://www.chantixmagic.com.